Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hmm

Hotmail doesn't appear to be working on my mac at all at the moment, which is annoying, but on the plus side, I am writing this from a four poster bed* in a hotel in Spain that is actually a castle/walled fortress, and earlier tonight I had a meal where someone brought the plate with a big silver cover with a handle on it, that they whipped away so I could eat, while a string quartet played outside.

So it's swings and roundabouts really.


* well, techically it's an eight poster bed, as Patch and I had to push together two single four posters I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M EXPECTED TO LIVE LIKE THIS IT'S LIKE THE THIRD WORLD.

UPDATE: aha, the problem appeared to be with Safari, Apple's built-in browser, which I've been getting annoyed with for ages now, as it appears to be some kind of memory sink. Have switched to Opera now (tried Firefox, but it didn't want to cooperate), which seems to work rather well.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the point in a single 4 poster bed? Anyway, if you've pushed them together may I recommend making sure they're wedged somehow. You don't want to be, um, bouncing around and have them spring apart like two springy things depositing one of you on the floor and causing extreme bruising of the arse.

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything...

cello said...

Pleased to hear you have finally attained the lifestyle of the cello household.

Can I advise you to get two serfs to hold the beds together.

Valerie said...

I should be envious. Hmm, maybe I am envious. On the other hand someone is cooking me a steak tonight (I live in a vegetarian house, so this is a treat). On the third hand (on the gripping hand, as Rob likes to say), I'm not in Spain. Have some excellent wine and baby octopus for me.

James Henry said...

The wine is great. I will certainly have some more if it helps.

Anonymous said...

people still use hotmail?






oh, and *jealous*.

Anonymous said...

As usual, I'm horribly jealous. (Paid successful screenwriter and now Spain...???) I've had buggy problems with Safari as well, but Firefox has been great. Hope Opera proves an ally and enjoy the paprika!

(new site for me; should be in link)

llewtrah said...

I once had a 4 poster bedroom. There was a poster on each wall.

4 poster beds are nice - you can draw the curtains and shut the world out :)

James Henry said...

I am currently being eaten alive by biting insects that aren't going near anyone else.

(this wasn't really worth a post on its own)

Anonymous said...

The only thing in the entire world of Mac browsers worse than Safari is Opera (and that's saying something, right?).

Beat Firefox with a stick until it works.